Monday, September 21, 2009

Zoho Writer

Having Fun with    Z    O    H    O  Writer

  What a great tool this is!  Thought I would write this post using Zoho Writer and so created a new document.  Had barely put in a heading before I was prompted to name and save the file - how neat is that ... no excuse now for closing down before saving a document!

  It is evening and I am writing this part of the document from my home pc and will shortly save and close out of it.  Tomorrow I will try accessing it from a work pc.  If that works, the next step will be to place the post on my blog.  I guess if you're reading this, it will have worked!!

  It is now the next day and I am at work.  It took only a couple of minutes to access this file and add a few more words.  I'm sure there could be lots of occasions when Zoho Writer could be of use but, to be honest, I can't think of one right now!  No time now for any more ... will continue this post this evening at home. 

  It was way too busy on the Reference Desk yesterday to play around this post (much as I'd have liked it!) so here I am the next morning finishing it off at home.  I can see lots of uses for this in general office situations and also for students who are required to work and submit essays, etc as a group.  Specifically in the library situation, it could be very useful when new training manuals are being prepared (particularly as contributors are usually located at different libraries), could also be useful sending/editing/posting book reviews and Xcel spreadsheets could be used for co-ordinating availability of casual staff.  It is probably the same as most new technological devices/skills - the more you use them, the more you wonder how you coped before!!

  Have shared this with myself (signed up as another Zoho user) and am now adding this little bit before posting on my blog ... has been a very interesting and informative exercise.

 

No comments: